Friday 24 August 2007

Promiscuous web networks?

After years of trying to avoid signing up at any of the many social networks, I finally made the jump. I opted for facebook, in spite of not knowing anyone on the network. For your information, I opted for them as there was much noise being made about the growth of facebook and the "applications" that it offers. I just had to try, but more about that some other time.

I have always been hesitant to start using a site like it, because I am a little lazy in a sense. Once you start with one, you start investing your valuable time in it. If all of a sudden people start moving to another site, and with the advent of new networks, this happens, you had to start all over again. Today the BBC posted an article that showed what people have been talking about for some time, and could minimise the pain and reduce that feeling of being locked into a network.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long.

No comments: